Gunkanjima, the Battleship Island approved as World Heritage Site,
was recreated using leading-edge digital technology !
- Large-scale digital installationGunkanjima Symphony
- Gunkanjima prospered throughout Meiji, Taisho and Showa periods. The island’s glorious past is recreated by a collage of valuable pictures and motion films!
- Touch Panels Will Help to SolveMysteries of Gunkanjima
- Unknown mysteries of Gunkanjima, developed through a full use of the most advanced technology of the time, are unraveled from different angles.
- featuring bird’s-eye view3D model of Gunkanjima
- 3D model of current Gunkanjima using SfM technology, the latest image analyti-cal technique, taken by UAV.
- Museum OriginalMotion Picture Gallery
- Shooting from a high altitude with UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) has been conducted!The valuable lm shows olden days and current Gunkanjima.
- Residence RecreatedLife at the apartment
building in Gunkanjima
- Over 30 high-rise concrete apartment buildings stood. A room has been recreated, where you may get a glimpse of the well-to-do life in those days.
- Experience the Mining ShaftRoad to the Coal
- Travel down the undersea mining shaft from the surface to the mining site by “gage” and trolley. Visitors can enjoy a virtual experience!
- Focusing on PeopleExpressions of
- Inhabitants on Gunkanjima had different jobs and roles to play. We will focus on these people’s expressions to offer a glimpse of their life.
- Diorama × Digital ImagesRhythm of the Island
- Scale 1:150 diorama + digital images will make visitors enjoy virtual experience of the island’s lively days.
- Brush PaintingWonder Island
- Japanese painting artist, Kanako Kinutani, presents a brush painting using ink made from coal on Gunkanjima. It reacts to gestures of the visitors.